You’re cordially invited to Sense Sheffield, a fundraising event for Sheffield Royal Society for the Blind organised by Hallam students. The date is this Sunday, 10th of February at Soyo Live. Entry cost is a five pound donation.
Running from 7 to 10 pm, all elements of the event relate to each of the 5 senses (sight, hearing, taste, touch, smell). Some of the stuff happening during the night include:
- The Create and Make Society from Hallam is coming to do art workshops through out the night, so people can make something and take it home.
- Live artists from Knife & Folk painting.
- Cupcakes and other baked goodies for sale
- Joel Philips from Bang Bang Romeo DJ set.
- Themed cocktails
- A fantastic musician called Kiera Lawlor from Manchester performing as headline act
- A raffle with prizes related to the senses
- Manchester independent clothing company Why Not Clothing Ltd?
- The Sheffield Royal Society for the Blind will also be there with a stall themselves to give out information and have experiential glasses which people can put on and experience what it’s like to have different visual impairments
- Donations for the food and art workshop are welcomed
Again, the aim of Sense Sheffield will be to raise funds for a new information unit for Sheffield Society Royal for the Blind.